Over the next few weeks, work your way through this booklet and the different activities...
*The booklet asks you to make a donation to Great Ormond Street Hospital - please do not feel that you need to do this.
Remember to read regularly...
- Visit the 'Reading' section - there are lots of lovely stories and activities here!
- Share books with your family.
- Read everything around you - posters, recipes, signs etc.
- Visit the 'Reading' section and then 'Reading Activities' - try to complete one or two activities a week.
Write as often as you can...
Practise your handwriting - visit the 'Writing' section to see our handwriting families.
Use a capital letter for the names of people and places - write a list of your favourite people/places.
Practise writing sentences - always remember to begin your sentence with a capital letter and end with a full stop. Don't forget finger spaces too!
Write a letter to a friend or family member.
Visit the 'Writing' section - complete some of the creative writing tasks.
Keep practising your spelling skills...
- Log in to Spellodrome - we have added some spelling lists for you to practise.
- Visit the 'Phonics' section to play lots of fun spelling games.
- Look back at the 'Weekly Spellings' - practise any words that you found difficult.
Don't forget about Phonics...
- Explore the 'Phonics' section - there are lots of fun games and activities here!
- Practise reading all of the sounds on the sound mats.
- Complete some of the tasks in the Phonics Activity Booklets.