Please look back at previous weeks and revisit the maths activities. Practising these skills is key to helping to develop good mathematical understanding. There are lots of counting and shape activities that I have uploaded.
Key Skills to Practise:
- Counting using 1:1 correspondence (use your counting finger to touch each object and say a number name for each thing you count).
- Counting forwards AND backwards.
- Recognising numerals up to 5, 10, 15 and then 20.
- Matching an amount of objects to a given numeral.
- Recognising basic shapes and then finding them in your everyday environment.
- Describing shapes.