Who are Citizens advice
Hello to all Spring Gardens families. My name is Caren and I work for Citizens Advice North Tyneside. We are a charity and offer free, independent and confidential advice.
I am currently working in local schools to make our service more accessible for parents, carers and guardians, and will be available for drop-ins in your school every Friday afternoon after the Christmas holidays. I am a parent of two children myself so understand how busy and stressful life can be, particularly with the current cost of living crisis.
I can offer free, independent advice on:
- Benefit entitlement – Are you receiving everything you should be?
- Help with challenging benefit decisions
- Income based free school meal entitlement check and help applying
- Help with managing debts and available options
- Advice on lowering bills such as energy and utilities
- Advice around housing and dealing with rent increases
- Support with employment and consumer issues.
If you would like assistance, please call in to the drop-in service on Friday afternoons between 2.30 and 3.45. Alternatively, contact me on the details below and advice can be provided over the telephone if this is more convenient.
Telephone number – 0191 2704464
email@example.com – please provide your name, contact details and the name of your child’s school and I will get in touch.